Evidencing the Impact on Primary Sports Premium Funding at Muscliff Primary School
Muscliff Primary School will receive £21,370 for the 2021/22 academic year. The planned use of the PE and school sport funding at Muscliff Primary School will be effective in improving and sustaining our high quality PE and sports provision. It will ensure that our children become physically literate and benefit from an on-going legacy of enriched sport, exercise and keeping healthy.
What is Sports Premium Funding?
The funding, provided by the Government, goes directly to primary schools to spend on making improvements on the quality and breadth of PE and sport they offer, enabling children to lead healthy and active lifestyles.
How is the funding to be used?
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools which will live on well beyond the Primary PE and Sport Premium funding.
It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
- Key Indicator 1: The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that primary school children undertake at least 30 minutes of physical activity a day in school.
- Key indicator 2: The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Key indicator 3: Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- Key indicator 4: Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- Key indicator 5: Increased participation in competitive sport.
What does it mean for us at Muscliff Primary School?
The injection of funding into primary PE and sport and the opportunity to up skill and train all our teachers and other adults supporting learning is extremely exciting! We are thrilled to be able to use this funding to inspire all our children, regardless of ability, and provide a lasting, sustainable and positive affect on PE and Sport within school and our community. We strongly believe in the health, social and emotional benefits of high quality Sport and PE for all our children and believe the enhanced provision and enriched PE and sport programme that the Sports Premium funding is helping us provide will ensure maximum impact on learning both in and beyond the school environment.