Admissions & Appeals
We are delighted you are considering sending your child to our school. Please find below all the information and forms you need to apply.
We welcome visits from new families moving into the area. Please phone to arrange an appointment. If your child has specific needs, please ask to speak to the SENDCo, Mrs Lewis.
For Reception 2021 starters, we will hold Parent tours in October/ November 2020. These can be booked from September 2020.
For Reception 2020 starters, the deadline for applying for a place was 15th January. Please contact the Local Authority if you are applying as a late applicant.
Offer letters posted to Reception parents/carers on National Offer Day by Local Authority 16th April 2020.
Deadline for acceptance of offer by parent/carer 30th April 2020
Deadline for lodging an on-time admission appeal 18th May 2020
Appeal Hearing Date: Week of 6th July 2020
Please contact the school office if you would like to discuss appealing an admission decision.
General Appeals information:
Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being lodged, whichever is the later date
· You will receive at least 10 school days’ notice of your appeal hearing date. School days do not include school holidays, inset days, bank holidays or weekends
· Appeal are normally heard during the daytime on weekdays and are not normally heard in school holidays. Where there are a number of parents all appealing for places at the same school, the hearings may go over a number of days
· The school’s case will be dispatched to parents and Panel members at least 5 working days before the start of the appeal hearing
· Additional evidence may be submitted by parents up to 5 working days before the hearing
· Any additional evidence received after this date might not be considered at the appeal hearing The Appeal Panel will decide whether it should be considered taking into account its significance and the effect of a possible need to adjourn the hearing
· Following the hearing, decision letters will be sent, where possible, within five school days of the end of the hearing
· Appeal hearings for in-year places will be heard within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.