Admissions & Appeals
We are delighted you are considering sending your child to our school. Please find below all the information and forms you need to apply.
At this time we are unable to accommodate visits to the school as we have to keep our children and staff as safe as possible. We are however keen for you to find out as much as possible from our website. We have put together a virtual tour/video for new Reception starters 2021, this can be found on the Admissions 2021 page. We have conducted an online information evening on Wednesday 4th November. Please phone 01202 549654 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Please have a look at the FAQ on the Admissions 2021 page for more information.
If your child has additional needs and you would like to talk to someone about how we can support your child, please phone and ask to speak to a member of the SEND team.
For Reception 2021 starters, the deadline for applying for a place is 15th January. Please contact the Local Authority if you are applying as a late applicant.
Offer letters posted to Reception parents/carers on National Offer Day by Local Authority 16th April 2021.
Deadline for acceptance of offer by parent/carer 30th April 2021
Muscliff Primary School
Primary School Age places – Year Reception – September 2021
Offer letters posted to parents/carers on
National Offer Day by Local Authority 16 April 2021
Deadline for acceptance of offer
By parent/carer 30 April 2021
Deadline for lodging an on-time admission appeal 18 May 2021
Appeal Hearing Dates Between 8 June and 30 July 2021
- Due to the current Coronavirus Pandemic, in line with legislation, all appeals lodged before 30 September 2021 are being heard based on written information only.
- Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard as soon as reasonably practicable.
- You will receive at least 14 calendar days’ notice of your appeal hearing date.
- Appeals are normally heard during the daytime on weekdays and are not normally heard during school holidays unless essential to avoid un-necessary delays.
- Where there are a number of parents all appealing for places at the same school, the hearings may go over a number of days.
- The school’s case will be dispatched to parents and Panel members at least 7 calendar days before the start of the appeal hearing.
- The Panel will set a deadline for any additional evidence to be received.
- Following the hearing, decision letters will be sent, where possible, within 7 calendar days of the end of the hearing. During busy periods, such as main entry, full decision letters may take longer than this, so the Clerk will send a brief decision summary letter in the interim.
Appeal hearings for in-year places
Please contact the school office if you would like to discuss appealing an admission decision.
Muscliff Primary School’s admissions policy for the current academic year, and for 2021/22 can be found by clicking on the links below.
Please also have a look at the proposed 2022/23 policy which is currently open for consultation as it includes the following change: For parents requesting delayed entry for their summer born child the application should now be considered by the school rather than the Local Authority.