Admissions & Appeals
We are delighted you are considering sending your child to our school. Please find below all the information and forms you need to apply.
At this time we are unable to accommodate visits to the school as we have to keep our children and staff as safe as possible. We are however keen for you to find out as much as possible from our website. We are in the process of putting together a virtual tour/ video for new Reception starters 2021. We will also be conducting an online information evening on Wednesday 4th November at 5.30pm. This will be held on Microsoft Teams and will be an opportunity to ask questions and hear information about the school - if you would like to be sent an invite to join the meeting please phone 549654 or email the school firstname.lastname@example.org with your details. Please also have a look at the FAQ below for more information.
If your child has additional needs and you would like to talk to someone about how we can support your child, please phone and ask to speak to a member of the SEND team.
For Reception 2021 starters, the deadline for applying for a place is 15th January. Please contact the Local Authority if you are applying as a late applicant.
Offer letters posted to Reception parents/carers on National Offer Day by Local Authority 16th April 2021.
Deadline for acceptance of offer by parent/carer 30th April 2021 (tbc)
Deadline for lodging an on-time admission appeal tbc
Appeal Hearing Date: July 2021
Please contact the school office if you would like to discuss appealing an admission decision.
General Appeals information:
Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being lodged, whichever is the later date
· You will receive at least 10 school days’ notice of your appeal hearing date. School days do not include school holidays, inset days, bank holidays or weekends
· Appeal are normally heard during the daytime on weekdays and are not normally heard in school holidays. Where there are a number of parents all appealing for places at the same school, the hearings may go over a number of days
· The school’s case will be dispatched to parents and Panel members at least 5 working days before the start of the appeal hearing
· Additional evidence may be submitted by parents up to 5 working days before the hearing
· Any additional evidence received after this date might not be considered at the appeal hearing The Appeal Panel will decide whether it should be considered taking into account its significance and the effect of a possible need to adjourn the hearing
· Following the hearing, decision letters will be sent, where possible, within five school days of the end of the hearing
· Appeal hearings for in-year places will be heard within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.
Muscliff Primary School’s admissions policy for the current academic year, and for 2021/22 can be found by clicking on the links below.
Please also have a look at the proposed 2022/23 policy which is currently open for consultation as it includes the following change: For parents requesting delayed entry for their summer born child the application should now be considered by the school rather than the Local Authority.