Year 3 September 2020
Wednesday 30th September
Times Table Rockstars
Just a quick note to explain some of the different modes available on TT Rockstars.
After selecting single player there are several options,
- ‘Sound check’ will allow children to practise using a similar style to the Year 4 assessments. Fast pace testing. This might be something you introduce every so often. Exposure to this will build their confidence and resilience to this particular way of testing.
- ‘Teacher set’ will test your child on the times tables that have been allocated to them by their teacher. This is based on their times table target tested on each week (e.g. Bronze, Silver, Gold etc)
- ‘Studio’ will include all times tables from 1-12.
By selecting multiplayer, they can go live against other rockstars or challenge others within school.
Wednesday 9th September
A quick note :)
Just to clarify, there will be no weekly spelling test in school. The practice and tests referred to in our most recent letter 'Welcome to Year 3' is in regards to the online Doodle Spell.
During the last week of the half term, we will have a summary test of some of the words practised over the 7 weeks but there is no need to do any further preparation for this.
I hope that makes it clearer.
The only weekly testing will be times tables, on a Friday. We will remind children this Friday which times table they should be focusing on.
If you have any further queries or questions please do drop us a note or catch us at the end of the day!
Thursday 3rd September
Hi year 3, we hope you are well and have enjoyed your summer.
We have made the decision for children to wear school uniform on Tuesday 8th September to the Ancient Egypt magical starter day. We understand how important settling back into these routines are for the children and we will be postponing dress up to the end of the half term so keep hold of your costumes.
We are so excited to see you on Monday.
Enjoy your weekends!!
Hello, welcome to Year 3!
We are so excited to welcome you in September. We have a wonderful year ahead of us and we can't wait to share all our year 3 learning with you.
Just a few notes for September:
- Please can children in Year 3 use the Shillingstone Gate to enter and exit school at the beginning and end of the day.
- Children will walk across the playground towards the small hall and use the staircase currently used by Y3 and Y6
- The collection time for children in Year 3 is 3:15pm. 3AW and 3LC will come out of the hall doors, 3HR from the exit near to the small hall (Shillingstone/playground side)
We hope you enjoy your summer holidays and we can't wait to see you on September 7th.
The Year 3 Team :)