Pencil and paper
Why not try one of these activities when reading at home?
- Write a letter to a friend who is also at home.
- Make a mnemonic for words you find tricky to spell (e.g. could = oh you lucky duck)
- Write your own book
- Make a word search
- Practice yours spellings/times tables
- Make a 100 square and use it to practice addition and subtraction
- Make up some calculations for yourself to practice your maths (+-x/)
- Play noughts and crosses
- Write a book review for your favourite book
- Design a new front cover for your favourite book
- Play guess my number